Preferential investment business lines
Question: Do enterprises importing and trading softwares enjoy investment preference?
According to clause 2 Article 15 Law on Investment 2014 regulating the objects which enjoy investment preference:
- Investment projects belonging to preferential investment business lines;
- Investment projects in preferential investment areas:
- Areas of difficult socio-economic conditions, areas of difficult socio-economic conditions, special difficult socio-economic conditions
- Industry zones, export proccessing zones, high-tech zones, economic zones
- Investment projects which have the capital scope from 6,000 billions and more, implementing disbursement minimunly 6,000 billions within 03 years from the date of the grant of the Investment registrtion certificate or decision the investment guideline;
- Rural investment projects employing at least 500 workers;
- Hi-tech enterprises, science and technology enterprises, and science and technology organizations.
According to Article 16 Law on Investment 2014, supplied by point a Article 33 Law on Small and Medium Enterprises Supporting 2017, preferential business lines includes:
- Hi-tech activities, hi-tech supporting industry products; research and development activities;
- Production of new materials, new energies, clean energies and renewable energies; manufacture of products with an added value of at least 30% and energy-efficient products;
- Manufacture of electronic products, key mechanical products, agricultural machinery, automobiles and automobile parts; shipbuilding;
- Manufacture of supporting industry products for textile-garment and leather-footwear industries, and for the products prescribed at Point c of this Clause;
- Manufacture of information technology products, software and digital content;
- Cultivation and processing of agricultural, forest and fishery products; forest planting and protection; salt production; marine fishing and fishing logistic services; production of plant varieties and animal breeds and biotech products;
- Waste collection, treatment, recycling or re-use;
- Investment in development, operation and management of infrastructure facilities; development of mass transit in urban centers;
- Pre-school education, general education and vocational education;
- Medical examination and treatment; production of drugs and drug materials, major drugs, essential drugs, preventive and curative drugs for social diseases, vaccines, medical bioproducts, herbal medicines and oriental medicines; scientific research into preparation technologies and biotechnologies for producing new drugs;
- Investment in physical training and sports facilities for people with disabilities or professional athletes; protection and promotion of the value of cultural heritages;
- Investment in geriatric centers, psychiatric centers, treatment centers for orange agent victims; nursing homes for the elderly, people with disabilities, orphans and street children;
- People’s credit funds and microfinance institutions.
- Investment on the trading chain of production of small and medium enterprises; Investment on the technical unit of supporting small and medium enterprises, unit of planting small and medium enterprises; investment on public working zone, supporting small and medium enterprises to start up and creating under the provisions of laws on supporting small and medium enterprises
Hence, if registering the production of software, the enterprises enjoys investment preference according to provisions of laws.
Hnlaw & Partners Law Firm