A: Corporate income tax incentives:
1) 10% preferential tax rate for a period of 15 years. Tax exemption for 4 years, 50% tax reduction for the next 9 years for the following cases:
– Income of enterprises from implementing new investment projects in the fields of: Scientific research and technological development; high-tech applications on the list of high technologies prioritized for development investment under the provisions of the High-Technology Law; high technology incubation, high-tech enterprise incubation; Venture investment for high-tech development on the list of high technologies prioritized for development under the provisions of high technology law; investment in construction and business of high-tech incubators and high-tech enterprises; investment in development of water plants, power plants, water supply and drainage systems; bridges, roads, railways; airports, seaports, river ports; airports, railway stations and other particularly important infrastructures decided by the Prime Minister; producing software products (investment projects on the production of software products on the list of software products and meeting the process of producing software products according to law provisions); production of composite materials, light construction materials and rare and precious materials; producing renewable energy, clean energy, energy from waste disposal; biotechnology development.
– Income of enterprises from implementing new investment projects in the field of environmental protection, including: Production of environmental pollution treatment equipment, environmental monitoring and analysis equipment; pollution treatment and environmental protection; collecting and treating wastewater, waste gas and solid waste; recycling and reusing waste;
– Income of an enterprise from the implementation of an investment project in the manufacturing sector, except for a project to produce goods subject to special consumption tax and a mineral exploitation project, with a minimum investment capital of VND 12,000 ( VND twelve thousand billion, using technology must be appraised in accordance with the Law on High Technology, Science and Technology Law, disbursing total registered investment capital for no more than 5 years from the date of permission. investment according to the law on investment.
– High-tech enterprises under the provisions of the High-Technology Law (enjoying tax incentives from the year of being granted the high-tech enterprise certificate).
– Income of an enterprise from the implementation of a new investment project in the manufacturing sector (except for the project of producing goods subject to special consumption tax, mining project), which meets one of the following two criteria:
+ Projects with investment capital of at least VND 6 (six) billion, disbursed for no more than 3 years from the time of being permitted for the first investment under the law on investment and having a total business The minimum revenue is 10 (ten) trillion dong / year after 3 years at the latest after the year of turnover.
+ Projects with investment capital of at least VND 6 (six) billion, disbursed for not more than 3 years from the time of the first investment permitted under the law on investment and regular use. over 3,000 employees will be allowed to work after 3 years since the year of turnover. The number of regular employees is determined according to the labor law.
– Income of enterprises from the implementation of new investment projects to manufacture products on the list of industrial products supporting development priorities to meet one of the following criteria:
+ High-tech industrial products to support high technology in accordance with the High Technology Law;
+ Industrial products to support the production of products in textile and garment industries; leather – shoes; electronics and information technology; automobile assembly and production; The manufacturing mechanics of these products as of January 1, 2015 cannot be produced or produced in the country but must meet the European Union (EU) or equivalent technical standards.
– Income of enterprises from implementing socialization activities in the field of education – training, vocational training, health, culture, sports and environment (List of types, scale criteria, standards of enterprises implementing socialization prescribed by the Prime Minister;
– The income of the enterprise from the implementation of social housing investment and business projects for sale, lease or lease purchase to the subjects specified in Article 53 of the Housing Law.
2) The corporate income tax rate is 22% from January 1, 2014, the corporate income tax rate is 20% from January 1, 2016. Tax exemption for 2 years, 50% tax reduction for the next 4 years. Tax exemption and reduction periods are calculated continuously from the first year of taxable income from new investment projects entitled to tax incentives, schools. If there is no taxable income for the first three years, from the first year of having a turnover from a new investment project, the tax exemption or reduction period shall be calculated from the fourth year. This tax exemption and reduction is applied to newly established enterprises from investment projects in industrial zones located in suburban districts of Ho Chi Minh City, including: DONG NAM IP, CO. AUTOMOTIVE GAS IN HO CHI MINH CITY, AN HA, LE MINH XUAN, LE MINH XUAN 2, LE MINH XUAN 3; HIEP PHUOC GD1, 2; NORTH WEST, CHI CHI, TAN PHU TRUNG, BAO DUC, PHUOC HIEP, SPRING UP, VUNGNH LOC 3, PHONG PHU (except the case specified in item 1).
B. Preferential import tax:
Export and import goods in the following cases are exempt from export tax and import tax:
– Goods temporarily imported for re-export or temporarily exported for re-import for participation in fairs, exhibitions and product introduction; machinery, equipment and professional tools temporarily imported for re-export or temporarily exported for re-import to serve the work within a certain period of time. The expiry of the fair, exhibition, product introduction or job termination According to the provisions of law, for temporarily exported goods, they must be re-imported into Vietnam, for temporarily imported goods, they must be re-exported abroad.
– Goods being movable assets of Vietnamese or foreign organizations and individuals brought into Vietnam or brought abroad within the prescribed levels, including:
Goods are movable assets of foreign organizations and individuals when they are permitted to reside, work in Vietnam or transfer to foreign countries after the expiration of their residence or working time in Vietnam;
• Goods that are movable assets of Vietnamese organizations and individuals are allowed to be sent abroad for business and working purposes, when the import duration is re-imported to Vietnam;
• Goods that are movable assets of Vietnamese families and individuals who are residing abroad are allowed to return to Vietnam to settle or bring abroad when they are permitted to settle abroad; goods are movable assets of foreigners brought into Vietnam when permitted to settle in Vietnam or brought abroad when permitted to settle abroad.
– Export and import goods of foreign organizations and individuals are entitled to diplomatic privileges and immunities in Vietnam.
– Goods imported for processing for foreign parties shall be exempt from import tax (including goods imported for processing for foreign parties permitted to destroy in Vietnam according to law provisions after liquidation and payment. processing contracts, and when exporting products to foreign parties, export tax is exempted. Goods exported to foreign countries for processing for the Vietnamese side shall be exempt from export tax, when re-imported, they shall be exempt from import tax on the value of goods exported to foreign countries for processing under contracts.
– Goods exported and imported within the duty-free luggage quotas of people on exit and entry, goods being mails and parcels of express delivery services with the minimum tax calculation value prescribed by the Prime Minister. covered.
– Goods imported to create fixed assets of investment projects in the domains eligible for import tax preferences in Appendix I to the list of domains entitled to import tax preferences (attached) or land table of preferential import tax, investment project with official development assistance (ODA) is exempted from import tax, including:
• Vehicles used exclusively in domestic technological lines that cannot be produced; worker transportation means including cars of 24 seats or more and waterway vehicles;
• Components, details, removable parts, accessories, fixtures, molds and accessories for synchronous assembly with equipment, machinery and specialized transport means specified at Points a and b this clause;
• Raw materials and materials which are not yet produced in the country are used to manufacture equipment and machinery in technological lines or to manufacture components, parts, removable parts, accessories, fixtures, molds and accessories. accompanying packages for synchronous assembly with equipment and machinery specified at Point a of this Clause;
• Construction materials cannot be produced in the country.
– First-time tax exemption for imported equipment according to the list specified in Appendix II to the list of equipment groups eligible for only the first import tax exemption (attached) to create fixed assets The project is entitled to preferential import tax, investment projects funded by official development assistance (ODA) to invest in hotels, offices, rental apartments, houses, commercial centers, and services. technical services, supermarkets, golf courses, tourist resorts, sports areas, entertainment areas, medical examination and treatment, training, cultural, financial, banking, insurance, auditing, translation Projects with import goods exempted from tax for the first time are not exempted from tax in accordance with other provisions.
– Exempt from import tax for raw materials and materials directly serving the production of software products which cannot be produced domestically.
– Exempt from import tax for imported goods for direct use in scientific research and technological development activities, including domestic machinery, equipment, spare parts, materials and means of transport. not yet produced, domestic technology has not yet been created; documents, books, newspapers, scientific journals and electronic information resources on science and technology.
– Raw materials, supplies and components which cannot be produced domestically and can be imported for production of investment projects in special investment incentive fields specified in Appendix I to the list of domains eligible for preferential treatment. on import tax (attached) or areas with particularly difficult socio-economic conditions (except for projects of manufacturing and assembling automobiles, motorcycles, air conditioners, electric heaters, refrigerators, washing machines) , electric fans, dishwashers, disc players, sound systems, electric irons, kettles, hair dryers, hand dryers and other items as decided by the Prime Minister) shall be exempt from import tax. export within 05 (five) years, starting from the date of production.
– Goods produced, processed, re-processed or assembled in non-tariff areas without using raw materials and components imported from abroad when being imported into the domestic market shall be exempt from import tax; In case of using materials and components imported from abroad, when importing into the domestic market, only import tax on imported raw materials and components constituted in such goods.
– Machinery, equipment and means of transport (except cars of less than 24 seats and cars designed to transport both people and goods equivalent to cars of under 24 seats) imported by foreign contractors according to temporary import and re-export methods for implementing ODA projects in Vietnam are exempt from import tax when temporarily importing and exempting export tax when re-exporting.