Mark means any sign used to distinguish goods or services of different organizations or individuals. A mark shall be eligible for protection when it satisfies the following conditions:
- It is a visible sign in the form of letters, words, drawings or images including holograms, or a combination thereof, represented in one or more colours.
- It is capable of distinguishing goods or services of the mark owner from those of other subjects.
A certificate of registered mark shall be valid from the grant date until the end of ten (10) years after the filing date and may be renewed for many consecutive terms, each of ten (10) years.
Hnlaw & Partners assists mark registration application in Vietnam.
The dossiers for mark registration include:
- Application Form for mark registration certificate
- Regulations about using collective mark in case the mark for protection is collective mark
- Samples for mark
- Document verifying legitimate rights of applying mark registration in case the application person is inherited rights for applying mark registration from other persons (Inheritance certificate, certificate on transferring the form, labour contracts)
- The authorized letter (if any)
Please contact Hnlaw & Partners at firstname.lastname@example.org